Vision and Values
Vision and Values
'Learn to love as we love to learn'
As a Voluntary Aided Church of England School, we follow the principles of the Church of England. We aim to create a vibrant and broad menu of experiences so that our children will flourish through experiencing life in all its fullness. (John 10:10). We will provide:
- A safe learning environment
- High expectations for academic, spiritual and personal achievement
- A team based ethos throughout the school
- A supportive, passionate teaching team
- Opportunities for adventure
- Strong partnerships with families
- Very strong links with the Keswick community and local parishes
- An exciting and engaging curriculum, providing adventurous opportunities for children and staff to take risks and feel challenged within a supportive framework
- A clear understanding of where they are in their learning and what they need to do next
- A World class local environment, which enables a regular, developmental programme of residential and outdoor learning opportunities
As a whole school community, we ensure that our vision is realised through 4 core Christian values. These values are embedded in the life of our school and all members of our community work hard to ensure they are at the heart of all we do. They are:
Seeking the understanding needed to become self-aware 21st century learners, through engagement and perseverance in a just and creative environment.
2. Hope and Aspiration
Instilling a sense of aspiration and opening up horizons for everyone to enable lifelong personal fulfilment
Creating a sense of belonging so that everyone can flourish together, for the common good, through friendship and service
Valuing ourselves and others with respect, humility and compassion.
Our vision and values are reflected in our school prayer:
Almighty God, we thank you for our school.
We thank you for all the children who learn here and the teachers and staff who work here.
We pray that our school will be a place of great discovery, adventure and creativity.
May it be a place where we learn to love, as we love to learn
A place where everyone is respected and all are deeply valued. Amen.
We also have a school song which you can hear in the short film about our values at the top of this page.